Library Service Update
Scugog Library moved into Phase 2 on Tues. July 14th and re-opened its doors to the public. Currently, there continue to be reduced hours and some service limitations to protect the health of our staff and patrons. Here’s what you need to know:
- Hours of operation are 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, and 11 am – 3 pm on Saturday (Closed Monday & Sunday)
- Patrons can continue to return their items through the exterior book drop to allow for 72 hour isolation of materials
- Contactless Pickup service for books, audiobooks & DVDs continues but appointments are no longer required
- Online programs continue via our Facebook Page
- Online Summer Reading Club has launched. Register online at https://scugoglibrary.beanstack.com and tune in to our Facebook page for virtual programs with Beth!
- Online collections continue to be available 24/7
- Exterior access to Library Wi-Fi continues
- Limited in library use (45 min max) of public computers is available along with access to printing & photocopying
- 10 patron limit in the building will be observed for safety and masks are required indoors as directed by Durham Health
- There will be no access to public washrooms
- Shelves, lounge areas and meeting rooms will remained closed to public until we move to Phase 3
- Kent Farndale Gallery will remain closed to public until we move to Phase 3
Health & Safety Measures
We want to reassure our customers that library staff will be strictly adhering to health and safety measures while working in branches and providing the above services. Staff will be required to practice physical distancing, good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while in the building. Increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures will also be implemented.
All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours as per recommendations from the Southern Ontario Library Service and the provincial Health Unit. After the 72 hour quarantine period they will be processed and, if requested by a customer, recirculated.
Please contact us at 905-985-7686 or via our online comment form if you have any questions about this service or the precautions we are taking.