As a hub of lifelong learning for the entire community, we are thrilled to take part in the annual ‘How-to-in-10′ Festival – an entertaining and education symposium where participants can learn a variety of new and useful skills in breezy 10-minute intervals. We all love to learn new things, and this festival makes it fun, easy and free!
A broad range of community partners will be on hand to share their knowledge and expertise. Guests that have their event passport stamped by 10 or more stations throughout the day will be eligible to win our grand prize!
This event will take place in and around the Scugog Library on Saturday, May 30th from 11 am to 2 pm.
Learn how to:
- stand up paddleboard with Port Perry SUP
- make a birdfeeder/suncatcher/upcycled art Scugog Memorial Public Library
- increase your fitness with Nordic Pole Walking with Stepping Stones to Better Health
- save on energy for your home with Veridian Connections
- eat local with Durham Farm Fresh
- borrow free e-books from the library with Scugog Memorial Public Library
- be happier in 10 minutes with Smart Acts
- learn to row with The Durham Rowing Club
- tie a saree, apply henna & draw Kolam with Durham Tamil Association
- make a planisphere/view the night sky during the day with Durham Region Astronomical Association
- hike the Oak Ridges Trail with Oak Ridges Trail Association
And much more! It’s fun, free, and easy!
This is a traveling festival, so if you want to visit them all you can learn even more! Check out all the details at: howtoin10.com.