The Lake Scugog Historical Society’s Scugog Digital Newspaper Collection is comprised of more than 20,000 pages of newspapers from Prince Albert and Port Perry. The newspapers include:
- The Ontario Observer, the first newspaper to begin publishing in Reach Township in 1857
- The Port Perry Standard, the town’s first newspaper established in 1866
- The North Ontario Observer
- The Port Perry Star
This is a project of the Lake Scugog Historical Society and was made possible by the incredible generosity of the Compton Foundation, Mike Fowler, the Mississaugas of Scugog Island First Nation, the Brock family, Kent Farndale, the Dr. Paul Puckrin family and many others.
Please follow this link to search the collection: https://vitacollections.ca/lshs-news/search