Library Closure – COVID-19 Update
UPDATE: For the shared health of our staff, patrons, and community, the Scugog Memorial Public Library will be closed to the public until further notice.
Status updates on operations and programming:
- The Library and the Kent Farndale Gallery will be closed until further notice.
- All Library programs are cancelled until we re-open and may be suspended for a short time after we re-open depending on provincial restrictions. Full refunds or exchanges will be issued for any ticketed programs.
- All room bookings at the Library are cancelled until we re-open and may be suspended for a short time after we re-open depending on provincial restrictions. Full refunds will be issued for any rentals that are cancelled as a result of this closure. If you have any questions regarding your booking please send an email to email@example.com.
- For loaned items due during the closure, due dates will automatically be extended to April 30, 2020 (more time will be added as needed). All drop boxes remain available during the closure for returns, but we would appreciate it if patrons could hold on to their materials until we re-open.
- Library material holds will be extended. Check your online record for revised hold expiry dates.
We recognize the significant impact this decision will have on the community, but we have been assured that these precautionary measures are necessary to keep people safe and to assure that the risk remains low.
In the meantime, please stay informed about COVID-19 by referring to credible sources of information, such as the Region of Durham’s Public Health website. And remember that one of the best ways to prevent the spread of viral illness is to limit contact and practice good health hygiene as recommended by Ontario Public Health:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze.
- If you don’t have a tissue, sneeze or cough in your sleeve.
- Stay at home when you are sick.