Library Service Update
Scugog Library moved to Stage 3 Services on Tues. July 28th. Reduced hours and some service limitations will remain in place until the Fall to safeguard the health of staff and patrons. Here are the highlights:
- Reduced hours of operation continue: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, and 11 am – 3 pm on Saturday (Closed Monday & Sunday)
- Masks and social distancing are required while in the building as per orders from Durham Region Health
- Library shelves are open to the public for browsing and items used in library will be isolated for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves
- A NEW selfCheck kiosk and a phone app are available so patrons may easily check out their own materials
- Public computers are available for 45-minute reservations
- Printing & photocopying are available
- Socially distanced seating areas & study tables are available
- The exterior book drop will continue to be used for returns in order to allow for 72 hour isolation of materials
- Contactless Pickup service is available on request for high risk patrons
- Programs, including the recently launched Virtual Summer Reading Club, will continue to be offered via our Facebook Page & YouTube Channel until autumn
- Online collections will continue to be available 24/7
- 50 patron limit in the building will be observed as per Provincial Order
- Meeting room bookings may be taken for groups of 6 or less
- Kent Farndale Gallery will remain closed until autumn
Health & Safety Measures
We want to reassure our customers that library staff will be strictly adhering to health and safety measures while working in branches and providing the above services. Staff will be required to practice physical distancing, good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while in the building. Increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures will also be implemented.
All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours as per recommendations from the Southern Ontario Library Service and the provincial Health Unit. After the 72 hour quarantine period they will be processed and, if requested by a customer, recirculated.
Please contact us at 905-985-7686 or via our online comment form if you have any questions about this service or the precautions we are taking.