Library Service Updates
We are currently adjusting our services as needed to comply with orders from the Province of Ontario and Durham Region Health. Follow this link for more information on Provincial Health measures: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/index.html. We will continue to serve our customers to the best of our ability while observing restrictions that will help keep our staff and patrons safe:
- Reduced hours of operation continue: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, and 11 am – 3 pm on Saturday (Closed Monday & Sunday)
- Access for the public will be to the lobby of the building only. There will be no access to the collection or public computers.
- Contactless pickup is back as the main method of taking out physical materials. Patrons may place holds via our online catalogue and we will notify them when the items are ready for pickup.
- Want to use Contactless Pickup but you’re not sure what books you’d like? Try our Grab & Go Service and let us pick for you!
- Need access to WiFi? We’ve boosted the signal so you have drive-in access now that the weather is better.
- Have something you want to print? Send it to our staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) and they can print it out and have it waiting for you to pick up.
- Masks and social distancing are still required while in the building entry picking up your items as per orders from Durham Region Health.
- The exterior book drop will continue to be used for returns in order to allow for an isolation period before materials are handled by staff or re-circulated.
- Programs will continue to be offered via our Facebook Page & YouTube Channel.
- Online collections will continue to be available 24/7, so now might be a wonderful time to check out our large collection of ebooks & audiobooks.
Health & Safety Measures
We want to reassure our customers that library staff will be strictly adhering to health and safety measures while working in branches and providing the above services. Staff will be required to practice physical distancing, good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while in the building. Increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures will also be implemented.
All returned materials will be quarantined for on return in order to allow for an isolation period before materials are handled by staff or re-circulated.
Please contact us at 905-985-7686 or via our online comment form if you have any questions about this service or the precautions we are taking.