Library Service Updates
The entire Province of Ontario moved into Lockdown on Dec. 26th and another State of Emergency was declared effective January 14th. Follow this link more information on Provincial Health measures: https://covid-19.ontario.ca/zones-and-restrictions.
Public Libraries in Ontario are permitted to continue Contactless Pickup services during this Lockdown and our patrons are permitted to pickup items that they have pre-ordered through this service under the ‘Stay at Home’ order. Here is more information about current services:
- Reduced hours of operation continue: 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday through Friday, and 11 am – 3 pm on Saturday (Closed Monday & Sunday)
- Effective December 29th and until further notice, the Library building and public washrooms will be closed to the public, but we will continue to provide circulation of books & DVDs through our Contactless Pickup service. Please click here for more information: http://www.scugoglibrary.ca/contactless-pickup.
- Masks and social distancing are still required while in the building entry picking up your items as per orders from Durham Region Health.
- Printing may be sent remotely to email@example.com and picked up via our Contactless Pickup service.
- The exterior book drop will continue to be used for returns in order to allow for 72 hour isolation of materials.
- Programs will continue to be offered via our Facebook Page & YouTube Channel
- Online collections will continue to be available 24/7, so now might be a wonderful time to check out our large collection of ebooks & audiobooks.
Health & Safety Measures
We want to reassure our customers that library staff will be strictly adhering to health and safety measures while working in branches and providing the above services. Staff will be required to practice physical distancing, good hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette while in the building. Increased cleaning and disinfecting procedures will also be implemented.
All returned materials will be quarantined for 72 hours as per recommendations from the Southern Ontario Library Service and the provincial Health Unit. After the 72 hour quarantine period they will be processed and, if requested by a customer, recirculated.
Please contact us at 905-985-7686 or via our online comment form if you have any questions about this service or the precautions we are taking.